Wherever possible we do try to use home produce or very local suppliers – below is a list of our various suppliers:
- Milk is Somerset milk From Somerset Cows delivered by our very cheery milkman – Richard
- Eggs are From our Hens – Feel Free to visit them in their Chalet with large chicken garden behind the stables – if our hens are not keeping up we go to Bob at the bottom of our drive, who is always happy to sell them to guests
- Ditto Sausages also whenever possible come From Bob (also for sale to guests), otherwise when available From Malcolm in Babcary.
- Bacon is sadly a problem at present due to so many local pig Farmers going out of business, I hope that this can soon change.
- Mushrooms in season come From our fields, otherwise Somerset mushrooms are used
- Rocket is grown in our garden in Summer
- Tomatoes in season grown in the garden by Andrew – please praise them, he needs lots of encouragement!
- Olive oil grown by our neighbour Sally at her property in South of France.
- Marmalade made by Susie – Sadly not from Somerset Oranges
- Jams also made by Susie from fruits grown in the gardens.
- Honey is produced by Dotty from Babcary whose bees poach our pollen!
- Butter is from Barbers near Castle Cary